- PAST SUMMITS
- Contact Us
- DSI Home
DATES: January 18-19, 2018
VENUE: Parma Payne Goodall Alumni Center at SDSU, San Diego, California
The 2nd Annual Joint Tactical Networks Summit will allow members of the C2 and network community, military leaders, and critical organizations to advance the joint force’s ability to communicate and exchange information efficiently and securely within a multi-domain environment. This Summit will seek to enhance tactical data linkage tools and network architectures to support advanced communication capabilities for the joint force to succeed. This program will stimulate discussions aimed at enhancing our nation’s networks to allow for successful information exchange and network interoperability to further improve our Military power.
2018 Confirmed Speakers Include:
Jeff Mercer, Director, Joint Tactical Networking Center
BG Welton Chase, USA, Commanding General, 7th Signal Command
Kevin Mulvihill, SES, Director, C4 Information Infrastructure, DCIO C4 & IIC, DoD CIO
CAPT Robert Croxson, USN, PM, MIDS Program Office, NAVAIR
COL James Turinetti, USA, Deputy Chief of Staff/ Chief Information Officer, G-6, US Army Pacific
Col Joseph Delaney, USMC, Commander, DISA-PAC
Col Glen Genove, USAF, Deputy Director, Air & Cyberspace Operations (A3/6), CIO & Director of Cyberspace Forces, PACAF
Col Douglas Dudley, USAF, Commander, Air Force Network Integration Center
Why You Should Attend This year’s Summit
This educational summit will bring together members of the C2 and network community, military leaders, and critical organizations to discuss the operational and strategic needs for advancing joint force communications systems and network capabilities in support of our nation’s security objectives.
The objective of this year’s summit is to highlight the increased need for interoperability among the joint forces’ communications and networks systems to ensure that information is adequately transferred timely and securely in multi-domain operations.
This summit will feature senior level discussions surrounding updates and new developments; including the advancement of wireless communications systems for military advantage and efforts to enhance tactical data links Defense-wide. This Summit will encourage discussion among subject matter experts and top military leaders in a forum designed to allow honesty and fluidly when deliberating the nation’s C2 capabilities.
Topics to be covered at the 2018 Summit
Enhancing battlespace awareness through improvements in networks and services for fixed and enterprise level systems
Delivering IW readiness to the PACOM AOR
Ensuring afloat and ashore systems deliver command, control, and IT capability needs
Providing protection of information in transit through wireless networks and devices
Allowing interoperability of knowledge and information for battlespace success
Enhancing the transition and sustainment of applications and systems into cost-effective hosting environments
Strategy to effectively encourage interoperability for Tactical Data Links
Development of C4 strategies to support combined operations
Progression towards interference alignment techniques to allow for less disruption and less likely obstruction among data transmission
At our Summit you will have the ability to:
- Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the complex challenges facing communications and networking leaders.
- Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to engage in constructive dialogue among all in attendance.
- Influence: Help foster ideas! Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. All attendees are encouraged to address our speaker faculty and each other with their questions, comments or ideas.
Exhibit and Sponsorship Information
- The 2018 Joint Tactical Networks Summit provides opportunities including exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions. Download the Sponsorship and Exhibiting Prospectus Here.
Previous DSI Attending Organizations:
- Harris, Booz Allen Hamilton, Dell EMC, DoD CIO, Joint Tactical Networking Center, General Dynamics, BAE Systems, Northrop Grumman, DISA, PACAF, US Navy MIDS Program Office, Naval Surface Warfare Center, Headquarters Marine Corps, PEO C3T, PEO C4I, Rockwell Collins, Motorola Solutions, Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab, ViaSat, L-3 Technologies, Georgia Tech Research Institute, SPAWAR, Hughes Network Systems, Joint Enabling Capabilities Command, PACAREA, 7th Signal Command, AUSGAR Technologies
Operating Guidance for Government Attendees:
- DSI’s Summit directly supports DoD, IC, DHS, and Government priorities by providing a conduit for officials to efficiently reach audiences outside of their respective offices that directly impact their department’s mission success, at no charge to the government, and in an efficient expenditure of time.
DSI’s Summit will provide a forum to address and improve internal and external initiatives, meet with and hear from partner organizations, disseminate vital capability requirements to industry, increase visibility within the larger community, and generally support their mission.
- The Summit is open and complimentary to all DoD and Federal employees and is considered an educational and training forum
(Industry and academia members are charged a fee for admission)
- * Summit is CLOSED TO PRESS / NO RECORDINGS
2018 SPONSORS & EXHIBITORS
DSI strives to provide the most up to date, mission relevant, topics and discussion points for our meetings. In order to assure that we are providing the best subject content possible, our Advisory Board Members have volunteered to share their respective insight and expertise with us. We are truly grateful to have their support and guidance as we strive to continually create truly effective meetings and events for all. Learn more about our Advisory Board Members.